Empathic Presence: How to Create Transformational Shifts with your Clients by Accessing Core Needs
**Mar 1-2 is an introductory NVC Immersion for all therapists, coaches, and counseling interns. Mar 3-4 is an advanced NVC practicuum for therapists, coaches, and counseling interns who take (or have taken) the 2 day introductory NVC immersion. Register for one or both!
Two day immersion led by Dian Killian, PhD and co-hosted by Craig Kern, LPC-S, LMFT-S; in Austin held at LifeWorks March 1st- 2nd, 2018
9am-5:00, both days
In this two day immersion in Compassionate, Nonviolent Communication, a model developed by psychologist Marshall Rosenberg PhD and based on the work of Carl Rogers, we will experience first hand the profound impact of being completely and empathically present to others and ourselves and how to integrate empathic listening (including somatic-based empathy and empathic-based inner parts exploration) in our healing work.
This highly experiential workshop includes kinesthetic and somatic learning and practices, role-play, exercises (including to practice with clients), and games. The focus is on integrating core practices with clients.
In this program, learn how to support your clients by helping them to:
- Re-connect when shut-down, stuck, or looping
- Hear what really matters underneath judgments, guilt or shame
- More powerfully identify, express and meet their needs
- Make goals and requests that are proactive and achievable
- Increase self-connection, mind-body awareness, and empathy for themselves and others
Who will this program interest? Therapists and coaches, new and experienced, who want to:
- Be more effective and relational with their clients
- Increase capacity for presence and transformative listening and healing to new, deeper levels
- Learn practical tools you can apply immediately in your work with clients
- Attune and attach more effectively, creating more positive change with clients
- Fine tune their skills with individuals and couples—to help clients access deep healing, freedom from self-judgment, and more effective and authentic connection with others
Early Bird $397.00
Students (limited to 5) $297.00
Regular reg $447.00
Note: CEUs are available for a $25 fee.
Please note that this program is open only to licensed therapists, LISWs, and full-time working coaches or students in accredited social work and counselling programs.
Skillful Presence: Honing Empathy for Deeper Client Transformation
A Two- Day Practicum in Nonviolent Communication for therapists and coaches who have attended 2+ days of training with Dian Killian, held in Austin at LifeWorks, Saturday, March 3rd, 9am-5pm and Sunday, March 4th, 9am-3pm
This application program is for therapists and coaches who want to deepen their own self-empathy-connection and practice deeper application of powerful NVC skills and processes with their clients.
In this practicum, benefit from:
- Small group and peer coaching and practice
- In-depth demos of deep-empathy processes
- Troubleshooting how to use and apply deep empathy with clients
- Identifying and moving through your own blocks
- Honing somatic and kinesthetic applications
Who will this program interest?
Those who have attended 2+ days of prior training with Dian Killian and want to fine tune and deepen their practice and application of these transformational skills. Please note that this program is open to only licensed therapists, students in accredited programs, and working coaches.
Early Bird $377.00
Students (5 seats) $287.00
Regular reg $427.00
Register at www.workcollaboratively.com (Note- register for the two day immersion program and practicum and save $100.)
Please note that this program is open only to licensed therapists, LCSWs and LMSWs, and full-time working coaches or students in accredited social work and counselling programs who have attended the level one program for therapists and coaches with Dian Killian.
About the trainer: Dian Killian, PhD, is a Certified Trainer with the international Center for Nonviolent Communication, a certified life coach, and author of two books, Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of NY, and Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. She offers coaching and training around the world. Learn more at www.workcollaboratively.com.
For questions, please contact Craig Kern, LPC-S, LMFT-S, at email@example.com